It can be hard to talk to people about how you feel. You may be worried that they won’t take your feelings seriously. You may also be worried about what will happen after you tell them your problems.
If you think you don’t know anyone who will listen, you can call a confidential counselling service. Kids (Tel. 1800 551 800) and (Tel. 13 11 14) are telephone counselling services that are available 24 hours a day.
Talk to someone you trust
Talking to someone you trust about something upsetting may help you to:
- sort through the problem
- see the situation more clearly
- look at the problem in a new or different way
- release built-up tension – this can help you to gain new insight into the situation that is causing the problem
- find out that you are not alone – you may find that many other people share your feelings
- identify options or solutions you hadn’t thought of before.