Skip to content
- Influenza is a viral disease that causes widespread illness every year.
- Immunising people who are at risk of complications from the flu is the most important way we have to reduce the number of flu infections and deaths.
- Influenza immunisation is recommended for people in known high-risk groups.
- People who work or live with people who are at risk of serious complications should also be immunised to avoid spreading the flu.
- The vaccine cannot give you a dose of flu because it does not contain any live virus.