Goodbye Michelle and thank you12-05-2021
Protect yourself from the flu!06-04-2021
Flu vaccines are now available at Berwick Pharmacy24-03-2021
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged six months and older
- pregnant women (at any stage of pregnancy)
- people aged 65 years and older
- people with medical conditions putting them at increased risk of severe influenza and its complications:
- cardiac disease
- chronic respiratory conditions
- chronic neurological conditions
- immunocompromising conditions
- diabetes and other metabolic disorders
- renal disease
- haematological disorders
Covid 19 Vaccines – your questions answered27-02-2021
The development of an effective vaccine for COVID-19 has been a global public health challenge. The race continues to manufacture and distribute vaccines that are effective and safe, and readily available to billions of people.
On 16 February 2021, the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) announced it had granted provisional approval to AstraZeneca Pty Ltd for its COVID-19 vaccine, ChAdOx1-S. This is the second COVID-19 vaccine to receive regulatory approval in Australia.
Provisional approval means that the vaccine has met the high standards of safety, effectiveness and quality required for use in Australia. This allows for temporary registration and inclusion in the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods (ARTG) for up to two years with an option to extend provisional registration beyond this initial period.