Will you be getting Moderna COVID-19 vaccines?
Who will be eligible for the Moderna vaccines?
– We will be able to vaccinate people aged 12 to 59 years old.
– At this stage in Victoria, people aged 60+ can continue to have the Astra Zeneca vaccine.
When will Moderna vaccines be available?
– We do not have a confirmed start date yet, as it depends when we receive our delivery. We are hoping it’s before the end of September.
Do you have a waiting list and how can I book?
– No, we do not have a waiting list.
– When we have a confirmed start date, we will announce it on our Facebook and Instagram pages, with an online booking link.
– Our advice is to make sure you’re following us to be the first to hear of available bookings.
– Please be kind and patient to our staff who are working so hard to juggle vaccinations, hygiene measures plus all our other roles. We are so proud of every single one of them
ASTRA ZENECA COVID-19 VACCINES AVAILABLE NOW15-09-2021
We are excited to be able to offer Astra Zeneca vaccines to people aged 18 years old and over.
Free of charge. First and second doses available.
– Monday to Friday 10am to 7pm
– Saturdays and Sundays, depending on availability of a trained pharmacist
Bookings preferred, but walk-ins available. Book via link below.
A cloth face mask needs to be washed after each use in order to do its job properly30-07-2021
That means popping it in the wash with detergent and the rest of your laundry or running a bucket of hot soapy water and washing it by hand.
Cloth masks need to be dry to work effectively, so hang your mask out in the sun (if possible) or lay it flat on a clothes rack to dry.
Always wash your hands straight away after handling a used face mask, and remember: disposable masks cannot be washed or reused. They are made for one wear only, so put them in the bin after use.
Now you can bring the luxury of the day spa to your own home22-07-2021
Looking to make lockdown 5.0 a little less stressful? We are thrilled to welcome @aspar_aus to the Berwick Pharmacy family, and really think the timing couldn’t be more perfect.
You may have tried ASPAR products if you’ve been lucky enough to have a treatment at the Circa Hotel or spent time in the QANTAS lounges or it’s featured in some luxury hotels.
Now you can bring the luxury of the day spa to your own home with their products. They have a range of facial skincare, bath and body products, and even candles. If you’re looking for a present, their gift sets contain best-selling products, at a great value price.
photo credit ASPAR
Walking for good health05-07-2021
- Walking for 30 minutes a day or more on most days of the week is a great way to improve or maintain your overall health.
- If you can’t manage 30 minutes a day, remember ‘even a little is good, but more is better’.
- Walking with others can turn exercise into an enjoyable social occasion.
- See your doctor for a medical check-up before embarking on any new fitness program, particularly if you are aged over 40 years, are overweight or haven’t exercised in a long time.
Do you have a food allergy?28-05-2021
If you have a food allergy and are at risk of anaphylaxis, you can reduce your risk of having a reaction when eating out by taking some precautions:
Always carry your ASCIA Action Plan and your EpiPen. (Allergy & Anaphylaxis Australia recommends: If you do not have your EpiPen with you, do not eat.)
Read the menu before you go to see if there are food choices that suit you. If the restaurant serves a lot of dishes that contain the food you are allergic to, it may be better to choose another venue and cuisine.
Call ahead to ask if the restaurant can cater for your needs.
Always tell staff about your allergy at the restaurant and ask questions.
Avoid sharing food, cutlery and other tableware.
Goodbye Michelle and thank you12-05-2021
This week we say goodbye to Michelle, who has been an essential member of our Gallery Cafe team for many years.
Michelle, we love your kind heart, your hardworking nature, your reliability, your big smile, and of course, your coffee!
We wish you all the best, and promise that if you visit, we won’t put you to work behind the coffee machine.
photo credit Ammy Lam Photography
Protect yourself from the flu!06-04-2021
Flu vaccines for ages 10 to 64 are available now, and can be booked online.
– Subject to availability of the appropriate vaccine and a trained pharmacist.
– Cost $25 per person.
At an administration cost of $15 per person, government-subsidised flu vaccines are also available for those eligible, including people who:
– have chronic medical conditions
– are pregnant
– are of Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islander descent.
We anticipate flu vaccines for over 65s will be available in early April. Please speak to our team if you’d like to be added to our waitlist and we will contact you once stock arrives.
You must ensure there is a break of at least 14 days between having your flu vaccine and COVID-19 vaccine. Read More >
Flu vaccines are now available at Berwick Pharmacy24-03-2021
2021 Quadrivalent Flu vaccines available now for administration at Berwick Pharmacy for adults and children aged 10-64
Cost is $25 for general population.
Cost is $15 for:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged six months and older
- pregnant women (at any stage of pregnancy)
- people aged 65 years and older
- people with medical conditions putting them at increased risk of severe influenza and its complications:
- cardiac disease
- chronic respiratory conditions
- chronic neurological conditions
- immunocompromising conditions
- diabetes and other metabolic disorders
- renal disease
- haematological disorders
The Quadrivalent 65+ vaccine will be supplied to us by the government and is expected in store from early April.
Once vaccinated, you are required to wait in the pharmacy for observation for 15 minutes afterwards.
All vaccinations are recorded and uploaded onto the Australian Immunisation Registry, so we require your Medicare card details. A vaccination certificate can be printed or emailed to you as proof of your immunisation if required.