Never leave kids in cars30-12-2019
Never leave your most precious valuables, your children, alone in the car.
The never leave kids in cars campaign prompts parents to take their kids with them whenever they get out of the car, just as they do their everyday valuables, to avoid potentially tragic consequences.
The risk of heatstroke and dehydration is very real
- a child’s body temperature rises three to five times faster than an adults’
- even on a mild day, the temperature inside a parked car can be 20 to 30 degrees hotter than the temperature outside
- when it’s 30 degrees outside, a child could be suffering in up to 60-degree heat
- leaving the windows down has little effect on the inside temperature of the car
- large cars heat up as quickly as smaller cars.
Visit Kidsafe for more information.