Nominate your organisation, or your colleagues, friends or family members, for the 2017 Victorian Senior of the Year Awards and help recognise the enormous, valuable contributions that older Victorians make to our state.
The awards acknowledge older Victorians who volunteer to assist, support and encourage others in their communities. You can acknowledge community organisations or businesses that create age-friendly communities through inclusion and active aging.
The categories are:
- Premier’s Award for Victorian Senior of the Year to an individual for an outstanding contribution to their local community and Victoria.
- Promotion of Multiculturalism Award to an individual for a significant contribution to promoting the benefits of cultural diversity in the community.
- Healthy and Active Living Award to an individual for helping to create active and healthy communities through community involvement and as a role model.
- Veteran Community Award to an individual for an exceptional contribution to the veteran community. The recipient of the award does not need to be a veteran.
- Council on the Ageing (COTA) Victoria Senior Achiever Awards to individuals for significant contributions to local communities in Victoria.
- Age-Friendly Victoria Award recognises an organisation for creating age-friendly communities, promoting active ageing and improving quality of life and inclusion for older people.
Nominations close on 23 June 2017.
Further information or assistance
If you require more information or need assistance completing your nomination please contact Seniors Information Victoria on 1300 135 090 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.